During this time the regular Sunday morning meetings will be held online via Zoom video conference. Login information for upcoming Zoom conferences will be posted here. If you are not familiar with Zoom, it’s easy to use, and instructions are listed below.
Suggested donation: There is no charge for attendance and participation in our regular public meditation and Sunday morning meetings. Dana donations are welcome and gratefully received. Donations may be made via the Zelle online payment service available at most banks, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to contact Mark Sensei any time, by email, phone or through the Contact page on this website.
Sunday, 9:00 am Mountain Time (Link below is for recurrent meeting, so it is good indefinitely, or until noted otherwise.)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 801 699 9475
If you have not used Zoom before, please familiarize yourself with these general instructions:
- Click on the meeting link 10 minutes before the call (10:50 am Mountain Time in the US and Canada).
- If you click on the meeting link, you will not need to enter the password.
If you join a meeting by manually entering the meeting ID, you will need to enter the password.
- Unless you’ve already downloaded the Zoom app you’ll be prompted to download it, and after doing so click on join the meeting.
- Be sure your audio and video are working correctly. The best audio quality is achieved with a quiet room and use of ear buds or a headset.
- You’ll start the call muted, and when you feel moved to speak raise your hand using the hand icon. The best video quality is achieved while sitting in a distraction-free space where you can have your hands free and have some light on your face.
- The Gallery View (which allows you to see all the people on the call) and the Speaker View (which focuses on the person speaking) can be selected in the upper right corner of the Zoom window.
The regular weekly schedule includes Sunday morning talks from 9:00 to 10:00 am, with the building open at 8:30 for those who wish to sit quietly before the talk. Morning meditation is offered Monday through Thursday. The first sitting period begins at 7:00 am, with a five minute break at 7:30. The second period begins at 7:35, and ends at 8:00. Participants may sit in the traditional style on cushions on the floor, or in chairs. A short service is usually held during the second period on Thursdays. No prior knowledge or experience is required, and newcomers are welcome to attend. You are invited to attend any part of the morning schedule. Sitting instruction and personal interview with the teacher (Daisan) is available during morning sittings and by appointment (appointments may be made by telephone). Please arrive a couple of minutes before the start of the period.